Bodegas Magana, 93 points Robert Parker wines looking for an importer in the Philippines
Bodegas Viña Magaña is located in the Navarra DO, just northeast of Rioja. Juan Magaña founded the estate in 1970. He decided to plant Bordeaux varietals since he found its terroir was similar to Pomerol in Bordeaux. Spanish law did not allow that, so he actually bought vine cuttings from a nursery that also sold cuttings of the same clone to a famous châteaux in St. Emilion and Pomerol, and most notably the hallowed Château Pétrus, and smuggled them into Spain by donkey over the Pyrenees Mountains. Today they own one of the oldest vine stocks and have become a reference point for quality in the region.
The southern district of Navarra has limestone that imparts characters of minerality and acidity that are unique to this place.
Here is why you need to add ‘Bodegas Magana’ in your portfolio:
- Great value wines awarded by high Robert Parker ratings consistently every year. 93 points Robert Parker at a surprising low price
- Commercial Bordeaux blends, easy to recognize by customers (Pétrus clones of Merlot and Cabernet)
- Amazing story behind this family winery: vine cuttings were smuggled into Spain by donkey over the Pyrenees Mountains by the current owner and winemaker 40 years ago
- Making wines since the 70’s, considered the quality winemaking pioneer of Navarra.
- Estate-own vineyards (100 ha)
- Unique micro-climate that makes ripe yet very bright wines due to the low PH content of the limestone soil of this vineyard.
- Regular supplier of the Spanish Royal Family
Our winery and history
Bodegas Viña Magaña started with the dream of creating a new, different and surprising wine. They set out of a soil nobody believed in: poor, arid but rich in minerals. They introduced new vines from best producing areas in France which were not authorized in those times. Today they own one of the oldest vine stocks.
Thirty years ago, Juan Magaña had a vision. He decided to grow Bordeaux grapes in Navarra. He bought Merlot cuttings from a nursery that sold to a famous châteaux in St. Emilion and Pomerol, and most notably the hallowed Château Pétrus. Starting as a pioneer in Navarra, Juan’s bodega has become now a reference point for quality in the region.
- Pétrus clones of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
- Estate-grown fruit, limestone soil
- Unique micro-climate
- Bordeaux-style wines that age extremely well and display both ripeness and great acidity
We are willing to visit your market to help organize wine & dine activities and promotions, and conduct training and wine tasting sessions.
We fully understand that to succeed in this market, first we need to spend resources and effort in brand building.
[portfolio_list cat=”magana_portfolio” thumb=”medium” showposts=”2″ disable=”date,more,visit,pagination”]
Bodegas Vina Magana Documents:
[download_link link=”https://dashangel.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/docs/Bodegas_Vina_Magana_portfolio.pdf” target=”blank”]Download wine portfolio[/download_link]
[download_link link=”https://dashangel.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/docs/Baron_de_Magana_2010_-_Technical_Sheet.pdf” target=”blank”]Download technical Sheets Baron de Magana 2010[/download_link]
[download_link link=”https://dashangel.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/docs/Dignus_2012_Technical_Sheet.pdf” target=”blank”]Download technical Sheets Dignus 2012[/download_link]
Send me samples and pricing!
Please fill the form below to contact our winery directly.
[contactform email=”” subject=”Contact form from Magana in the Philippines Aug-2015″ success=”Thanks!”]
[name label=”Your Name:”]
[name label=”Your Company Name:”]
[email label=”Your Email:”]